President: Beth Bottcher
First Vice-President, Programs: Nancy Almasi
Second Vice-President, Membership: Lorri Birch
Treasurer: Jane Gandee
Recording Secretary: Debra Vitus
Corresponding Secretary: Susie Moss
We appreciate your inquiry about Colonial Mount Vernon Republican Women. We are a diverse club with many interests. Your concerns about the values we share, election integrity, prudent taxation, national security, and the size of government are welcome here! Together we can make a real difference!
Colonial Republican Women originated in 1956 in the Alexandria section of Lee District in Fairfax County, Virginia. Mount Vernon Republican Women, created in 1972, was situated in the adjacent Mount Vernon District of Fairfax County. The two clubs merged in 2020 to become Colonial Mount Vernon Republican Women.
- Our members participate in the political process at the grassroots level. We provide our members with information on current events, pending legislation, and meetings with political office holders, activists and candidates.
- We have many opportunities for personal and professional growth, and our proximity to Washington, DC gives CMVRW members excellent access to state and national leaders at a host of area functions.
- The club is a member of the Virginia Federation of Republican Women, and the National Federation of Republican Women, the largest Republican Women’s organization in the country.
- Our club members are involved in a variety of communal programs, and volunteer many hours for our state and local Republican candidates.
- We take great pride in supporting Republican women candidates for office and in increasing our members’ political visibility and influence.
- Colonial Mt Vernon Republican Women’s members are well respected by elected officials and party leaders.